2016 Honda Accord vs. the 2016 Toyota Camry
The 2016 Honda Accord presents drivers from Louisiana with simply unbeatable value. Not only does this vehicle give you a powerful engine, awesome amounts of horsepower, and high rates of efficiency, but it also comes equipped with a range of exciting technologies to keep you entertained and engaged as well as a wide spectrum of safety systems to keep drivers safe and sound on the open road. In order to see just how greatly this car excels, though, simply compare it to the 2016 Toyota Camry, one of its arch-rivals and competitor cars.
First of all, there’s the question of power. Here, the Accord easily eclipses the Camry.
- The 2016 Honda Accord – The 2016 Honda Accord runs on a 2.4L I4 16-Valve DOHC DI engine that generates an incredible 185 hp while also gathering 181 lb-ft of torque. At the same time, the Accord boasts impressive efficiency: depending on your Accord’s transmission system, it will give you between 23 city/34 highway/27 combined mpg rating for 6MT models, 27 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for CVT models, 26 city/35 highway/30 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT models, 21 city/34 highway/26 combined mpg rating for V-6 models.*
- The 2016 Toyota Camry – The Camry’s base-line trim, on the other hand, only offers a 2.5L 4-cylinder 6-speed engine that produces 178 hp, 170 lb-ft of torque, and 35 mpg on the highway.
Then there’s the Accord’s supreme technological sophistication especially when compared to the Camry.
- The 2016 Honda Accord – Where to begin? The Accord gives you AM/FM Radio Seek, with 4 speakers and a top-notch MP3 player, but it also allows you to operate systems like this one without taking your hands off the wheel, with steering-wheel-mounted controls. Likewise, the Accord comes with an Automatic Climate Control system and two front power outlets, with which you’ll be able to ensure that your mobile devices remain charged. Finally, a remote trunk and tailgate release device make loading and unloading the Accord as simple as pie.
- The 2016 Toyota Camry – The Camry provides a solid audio system in Entune, and it also gives you power outlets to keep devices charged, but it doesn’t give you quite the same high-level of tech-sophistication as the Accord.
Finally, the Accord is a dependably safe vehicle, coming embedded with a range of powerful safety systems.
- The 2016 Honda Accord – For example, the Accord gives you multiple-threshold airbags, Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, Advanced Compatibility Engineering, Forward Collision Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking, Tire Pressure Monitoring, a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera, and much, much more.
- The 2016 Toyota Camry – The Camry does offer a range of decent systems, too, including Tire Pressure Monitoring and Blind Spot Monitoring, but many of the better systems or devices are only available in the higher-level trims.
Test Drive the 2016 Honda Accord Today!
If you’re a Louisiana driver interested in trying out the new 2016 Honda Accord yourself, we urge you to stop by our Richards Honda dealership in order to test drive this exciting vehicle. Located at 7791 Florida Boulevard in Baton Rouge, we can also be reached via our online form or by phone at 225-361-8320. Don’t miss the chance to experience all the power, technological sophistication, and reliable safety of the Accord in person: visit Richards Honda today!
*23 city/34 highway/27 combined mpg rating for 6MT models. 27 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for CVT models. 26 city/35 highway/30 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT models. 21 city/34 highway/26 combined mpg rating for V-6 models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.